As you know, the feature of FullScreen optimization has been introduced to ensure the playing experience of gaming and video is better for the users but people still don’t know how to Disable Fullscreen Optimizations in Windows PCs. When you enable the feature of fullscreen optimization then your PC will prioritize the CPU and also the GPU resources in the process to enhance the playback videos and also the games as well. But, you need to know that this feature is going to be responsible for the FPS drops very soon.
How to Disable Fullscreen Optimizations In Windows 10?
So, guys today in this article, we are going to share the complete details about how to disable Fullscreen Optimization in Windows 10. You need to know that by disabling it, you will be able to fix the FPS drop at the time of playing games on your PC. So, if you want to know about it then keep reading this article till the end to know each and every possible detail.
Disable Fullscreen Optimizations In Windows 10
Previously, it was really easy to disable fullscreen optimizations windows 10 1903 as Windows 10 has a particular option to complete this task. But, after the updating of windows, the particular option gets removed and windows 10 starts using the FullScreen Optimization feature by default.
After getting a second update, Windows 10 again comes up with the feature of disabling the FullScreen Optimization but the process to complete this task is really tricky. You are required to change the key of the registry and also it can be risky sometimes. Also, the disable fullscreen optimization option for all the apps has been removed by windows 10 but it is possible to do this for each app or each game in a separate manner.
Below, we are sharing some of the steps by which you can disable full screen optimizations windows 10. So, you only need to read this article carefully to understand all the major points.
How to Turn Off Fullscreen Optimization From Settings?
In the last update of Windows 10, the options for the feature to disable fullscreen optimizations windows 10 csgo for mostly all the apps and also the games in the computer from the settings app gets removed. Also, if you are having an older windows version then you can be able to access these options.
In order to disable fullscreen optimizations windows 10 1909 from the settings app, you are required to follow the steps which we are sharing in this section.
- First of all, you need to make a right-click on the start button and then you have to select the option of Settings. Now, you will see the available options of the setting app on the display.
- Now, in the setting app, you need to make a click on the option of System.
- Then, you have to click on the option of the display.
- Now, simply scroll down and then you have to select the option of Advanced Graphics setting.
- In this option, you have to uncheck the option of Enable Fullscreen Optimization which is available in the section of FullScreen Optimization.
If you can’t find this option or if this option is not available in your system then you can simply try to use the next method which we are sharing below.
How To Turn Off Fullscreen Optimization From Registry?
If you are using the latest version of windows 10 then you won’t be able to turn off fullscreen optimization with the help of the settings app.
In order to disable it for all the apps by using the Windows 10 version, you are required to make some of the changes in the Registry.
You need to know that the Windows registry is one of the options where the settings of windows get stored. Also, at the time when you make a change in the registry then you are required to be more careful because a single mistake will crash your whole system.
Before you start following the steps which we are sharing below, you must take a backup of the registry keys or you can create a system restore point as well.
By doing this, you can be able to restore any of the mistakes which you make in the registry.
To disable the Fullscreen optimization from the registry, you are required to follow some of the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you need to press Windows + R key in the process to run the utility function.
- Then, you need to type Regedit and then you need to enter into the registry editor.
- Now, look for the particular key which is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\Game.
- Then on the right-hand side, you have to make a right-click on the blank space and then you have to select the New > DWORD (32-bit) value.
- By doing this, it will create a DWORD.
- You need to name your new DWORD as GameDVR_DSEBehavior and then you have to make a double click on it.
- In the value, you need to enter 2 in the process to disable Fullscreen Optimization. Simply make a click on the Ok button in the process to save the changes.
- Also, if you want to enable the FullScreen optimization again then you just need to change the value from 0 to 2.
- Finally, you have to simply close the registry editor and then you need to restart your system.
When your computer gets started again then you will see that the Fullscreen Optimization is disabled.
How To Turn Off Fullscreen Optimization For A Single Application?
As you know that Windows 10 has removed the option to disable fullscreen optimization for all apps but you can still be able to disable it for particular apps or also for games as well. In the process to disable fullscreen optimization for the particular app or for the particular games, you need to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- You have to make a right-click on the particular app or the game which you are willing to start without the Fullscreen optimization.
- Then, you need to click the option of properties by making a right-click on the menu.
- Then, you need to simply select the option of Compatibility.
- Now, in the section of settings, you need to check the option of disabling fullscreen optimizations.
- Now, simply make a click on the Apply or OK button in the process to save the changes.
Now, you will see that the applications will get started without using the feature of fullscreen optimization. Also, every time when you open this app by using the particular account of the users, you can simply uncheck the disable fullscreen optimization box by using the option of properties.
Also, this is not applicable in all cases. If you want to disable the Fullscreen Optimization for the separate app or for the separate game in the accounts of all the users in your system, you need to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you need to open the compatibility tab which is available in the properties of the game or the app.
- Then, you need to make a right-click on the Change Settings for all users option.
- Now, you have to check the option of disabling fullscreen optimizations.
- Simply click on the Apply and OK button in the process to save the changes which you have made.
So, that’s it for this article. Now, you have all the details and information about the process of how to disable Fullscreen Optimization in Windows 10. You need to know that you must have to take a backup of your registry or also you need to create a system restore point before making or starting the editing in your registry keys. Also, if you are having any queries or questions related to this article then feel free to connect with us by dropping your valuable comment in the below-given comment section.