You need to know that the process of taking a screenshot in the Hewlett-Packard laptop or computer is completely similar to the other PC device. But, if you don’t have any idea about how to take a screenshot then you don’t need to worry about it. Here in this article, we are going to share some of the proven methods and steps about how to screenshot on HP. So, if you really want to know more then you have to read this article till the end.
How to Take A Screenshot on HP Laptop/Computer?
Also, here in this article, we will share three different methods which help you to take a screenshot on your HP laptop, and to do this, you don’t need to install any type of third-party software as well. Every method has its separate features and advantages and we assure you that you will like these methods.
Method 1: Screenshot on HP Computer Using the PrintScreen Button
Yes, you read it right. You can easily be able to take a screenshot on an HP computer by using the PrintScreen Button. To know the complete steps, must read this section and the below-given steps in a careful manner.
- First of all, you need to click on the PrintScreen button on your laptop and sometimes, they will be abbreviated as prt scr, prnt scrn, or the print scr or PS as well.
Maybe the signs are different and also the location is mainly considered upper rows in the keyboard. Also, if you are not accessing a physical keyboard then you can also be able to use the on-screen keyboard.
- When you press the PrintScreen button then you have to make a click on the Start button and then simply look for the Paint app and simply launch that app.
- Now, on the blank canvas, you have to simply paste it by pressing the CTRL + V in terms to show the screenshot which you took earlier.
- When the screenshot appears then you have to click on the File and then have to save the file. Also, you can be able to save the selected file in several formats like in BMP, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, or also in PNG as well.
Due to some reason, one of the most popular methods of taking a screenshot is not working well. Like, you can not be able to focus on the particular window and it will only take a complete screen.
If you are willing to take a screenshot by using the active window then you can be able to combine it by simply clicking on the Alt+PrintScreen. After doing this, you can simply be able to paste the captured image to the Paint app or also in the other graphics software as well.
Method 2: Take A Screenshot Using Snipping Tool
If the above-given method is not helpful for you to take a screenshot from HP laptop then you may be able to follow the steps of this article to complete this process. Basically, it is one of the windows snipping tools. This app comes up with the default installed in windows 7 or in Windows 8 and 10 as well. To complete this process, you need to follow the below-given steps.
- First of all, you have to open the Start menu and then look for the Snipping tool.
- Then, you have to select the snipping mode which you are willing to use.
- Simply capture the particular area on the display.
- Now, you have to make a click on the File and Save As.. in terms to save the image.
Method 3: Take A Screenshot That Will Be Saved Automatically
If still, you can’t be able to take a screenshot from an HP laptop by using the above-given methods then you can also be able to try to use this method. If you are a windows 10 user then you can simply take a screenshot and your windows system will save that screenshot automatically.
- You have to click on the Windows + PrintScreen button on your device. Also, if you are using a laptop or notebook then you have to click on the Windows + FN + PrintScreen. After pressing them wisely, you will see that the screen will dim for a time period, and then it will get back to normal.
- Now, you have to open the Documents -> Pictures -> Screenshots to check the results.
You need to know that this method only provides limited features. You are not able to select the particular window or the screen and also you can’t be able to change the default format and location as well.
Best Screenshot Software for HP Laptops
At Adobe we have shared the details about the process of how to take a screenshot from HP. Now, here we are going to tell you about some of the best screenshot software which you can simply use in terms of taking a screenshot on your windows device. So, let’s discuss them.
This is one of my favorite software which helps you to know about how to take a screenshot from hp EliteBook. It has some of the best features which will allow the users to easily customize the screenshot, shortcut key, editing, input text, and also allow the users to share the picture as well. Also, this software is available for windows for free and it is having a portable version too.
If we talk about screenshot then it is one of the lightweight apps which helps the users to capture and save any of the selected image or screenshot in an automatic manner. Also, you can simply be able to select to screenshot the complete display and also a particular section or any of the custom areas as well. Also, this software works in the background and you only need to click on the shortcut key to capture the screenshot.
Lightshot is mainly famous because of its key feature where it allows the users to upload any of the captured images to the cloud server. Also, you can be able to share the link with people you know like your family or with your friends or colleagues as well. Also, this software is completely free for Windows and Mac devices.
Also Check: Best Rainmeter Skins for Windows 10
So, hopefully, you understand the complete steps and process of how to take a screenshot from HP laptop. If this article is helpful for you and helps you to understand the complete process in an easy and simple manner then do share this article with other people so that they also understand all these methods easily.