If you own a pS3 controller and are willing to use it on Windows PC then you can do this easily. With the help of this article, you can be able to get to know the complete process of how to connect PS3 controller to PC. Also, this article helps you to get to know some of the easy and simple steps to connect your PlayStation controller to a Windows 10,8,7 PC. So, don’t worry about it all as this article helps you to do this process in a very simple and easy manner.
How to Connect PS3 Controller to PC
First of all, I need to tell you some details about the PS3 controller and also about some of its useful features as well.
Basically, the PlayStation 3 which is also known as PS3 is one of the home video game consoles which was introduced by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is one of the successors of the PlayStation 2 and also it is one of the Playstation brands of console parts. The console was first introduced in 2003 and was released in 2006. It is one of the first gaming consoles which mainly uses the Blu-ray Disc in its primary storage.
How to Connect PS3 Controller to PC
The console is one of the first PlayStation which will begin the social gaming service and also it will include the Sone’s social gaming service, Playstation network, and also the remote connectivity along with the Sony Playstation and Sony Playstation Vita which is having the remote control to the console from any of the devices. Also, in September in the year 2009, the Slim model of the PlayStation 3 gets released.
Sony produced lots of accessories for the PlayStation 3 video game console like controllers, audio and video input devices such as video camera, cables, microphones, and much more to provide the best audio and video quality.
So, first of all, let’s have a look at some of the best PS3 controllers which we are sharing below.
Sixaxis is one of the wireless controllers which is mainly designed for the Playstation 3 and mainly it gets succeeded by the DualShock 3. The design of Sixaxis is an evolution of the Dualshock 2 controller and it has a sensitive pressure button and layout and also its shape is basic. Apart from the DS2, it is one of the Bluetooth wireless controllers and also it is having a motion-sensing technology feature.
After Sixaxis replacement, Dualshock 3 is one of the best PS3 controllers for PC. It is one of the best PS3 controllers and has the same functions and features but has feedback vibration. The DualShock 3 is similar to the Sixaxis and has some of the differences like the Dualshock 3 was printed on the top of this and also it is made up with an opaque plastic body. The vibration function will not interfere with the function of motion sensing and also you will be able to use both of the devices at the same time.
As the controllers are concerned and don’t support the PS3. But, they are able to get used to the PC and also the people face difficulties getting to know about the process of how to connect the PS3 controller to the PC. So, if you are one of them who is facing such a problem then you need to stay tuned to this article to know all the basic methods and steps which help you to connect the PS3 controller directly to your PC. Simply read this article till the end to know the complete process and to play your favorite game without facing any difficulty.
3 Ways to Connect PS3 Controller to PC
So, finally, we are going to talk about the best methods which help you to connect your PS3 controller to a PC. If you really want to know about it then you have to read all the methods which we are sharing below.
Use PS3 Controller on PC Using MotionInJoy
You can be able to do this with the help of a third-party driver. Below, we are sharing some of the steps which you need to follow to complete this method.
- You need to download the Motionenjoy on your Pc and simply install it. You have to find out the compatible version for your windows and then simply install it on your device.
- Then you are required to begin the process of installation and then simply launch the DS3 tool.
- After this, you are required to plug in your PS3 controller with your PC with the help of a USB cable and then you need to click on the option of Driver Manager.
- Also, you are required to find out the type of controller with the help of the hardware location option. Make sure that it was listed there.
- After ensuring everything, you need to click on the option of load driver.
- By doing it, you will get a warning popup as an “Unsigned Driver”. Simply ignore this popup and then allow the driver to get loaded.
- Now, you only need to enter into the profile tab and then you have to select the controller.
You can also be able to change the controller settings such as the layout of buttons and also the settings of vibration as well.
Pairing with Bluetooth
If your PC has a Bluetooth support feature then you can be able to connect your controller with the help of Bluetooth wirelessly.
In order to connect your PC without using wire with the help of the Motioninjoy feature, you need to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you need to make a click on the BluetoothPair option and then make a click on the option of Pair now.
- Then the controller will get paid with your BlueTooth device and allow you to use the controller without using any USB cable.
- If you are willing to get back and use it with your PS3 then you must need to plug it with your system and then simply pair it again.
So, it is one of the easiest and simplest methods to use the PS3 controller on windows 10 and also in windows 8, 7, and also in windows vista as well.
Connect PS3 Controller to PC Using Xbox 360 Controller Drivers
If you really want to connect a PS3 controller to a PC but the above-given method is not helpful for you then you can still be able to connect it with the help of this method. To know the steps of this method, you have to read it very carefully.
- First of all, you need to download the drivers of the Xbox 360 controller from the official website of Microsoft. Simply download all the required drivers which are required to the PC system configuration. Also, you may be able to download the drivers from any of the third-party sources as well.
- Now, you have to simply download and install the drivers on your PC.
- Now, you have to plug in your PS3 controller and then you need to download the Xinput Wrapper drivers.
- Simply open and unpack the file and then simply run the ScpDriver.exe file by using the ScpServer\bin folder.
- Also, you need to know the Windows XP and Vista users are able to make a click on the install button before continuing the process.
- Now, you have to make a click on the Install button.
- So, finally, you have completed the process and now you are able to use the PS3 controller on your PC and are completely able to play any of the game which will support it.
Connect PS3 Controller to PC Using ScpToolkit
If you are still not able to connect PS3 controller to PC then you can also try to use this method. With the help of ScpToolKit, you can connect your PS3 controller to your PC in an easy and quick manner. So, to know the complete steps, simply read the details which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you need to turn on your PS3 controller by simply making a click on the PS button which is available in the middle of the controller.
- After this, you are required to plug the narrow end of the controller’s USB cable in the controller and then the large end of the USB cable in any of the USB ports of your computer.
- Now, open the official website of ScpToolKit and simply download its driver. Also, you may be able to download the ScpToolKit.exe from as well.
- Then, you need to make a click on the “ScpToolKit_Setup.exe” file. Also, you need to ensure that you have downloaded the latest software version. If you are using an outdated version then are not able to see the “Latest Release” sicker which is available on the left-hand side of the page.
- Now, you need to simply install the ToolKit driver which you have downloaded previously in your system.
- After this, you are required to make a double click on the “ScpToolKit Driver Installer” file. You need to know that it is one of the files in which you have installed the SCP Toolkit.
- Simply uncheck the “Install DualShock 4 Controller” box and then make a click in the “Choose DualShock 3 Controllers to Install” box.
- Now, you have to check the options of the wireless controller and then simply select the option of PS3 Controller.
- Then, you need to make a click on the option of install. When the process of installation gets completed then you will hear the confirmation noise automatically.
- Now, the drivers of your controllers have been installed successfully and you can simply be able to start using your controller along with the PC games.
So, now finally you can easily be able to use the PS3 controller on PC.
If the above-given methods are helpful for you to use or to connect PS3 controllers to PC then let us know by dropping a comment below. The above-given steps will help you to install and to configure the drivers in a proper manner with your PC. Also, by using these methods, you can be able to connect PS3 controllers to PC in a very quick manner and are able to play the games easy.
Also, you need to know that if you are using a PS4 or Xbox controller then these methods are not helpful for you as they need some of the different configurations and also the drivers to work properly on PC. So, simply connect your PS3 controller with your PC and start getting the experience of gaming.