Are you the one who is getting errors while using avast antivirus? If yes, then you need to know that the users of avast get the “Avast Background Service Not Running” error or “You are unprotected Avast background service is not running”. So, in this case, you are fed up with getting this error then you don’t need to worry about it. This article contains some of the best tips and steps by which you can easily be able to fix this error.
If you are using windows 10 then you need to know that you are already having a default antivirus which is known as Windows Defender which is already installed in Windows 10. But, when it comes to the complete protection of the system then it is not as useful. Because of this reason, people started looking for antivirus software that is available for Windows 10. Also, there are lots of third-party antiviruses available for windows 10 and also they provide lots of features as compared to the other default antivirus as well.
Fix Avast Background Service Not Running Error
Also, one of the highly used and popular antiviruses is Avast which is preferred by normal people. They install it in Windows 10 and also it is completely free to download and also this software is having lots of advanced security features.
After getting an update, Avast starts showing an error which is “You are unprotected Avast background service is not running”. If you click on the resolve all or start now button, then they will not be helpful for you. Also, if you restart the avast then it will also not be helpful for you, and also the repairing will not be helpful as well.
Mainly this issue takes place at the time when users update the Avast antivirus into the latest version. So, now finally come to the point, and let’s discuss the process of how to fix this error.
About “Background Service Not Running” Error
As you know that avast is one of the most popular antivirus programs on the internet and most people prefer to use this program in Windows 10. Also, while using this software, we get a “You are unprotected – Avast background service is not running” error at the time of using this error.
Also, when you get this error, you will see two buttons which are “Start Now” and “Resolve All”. But, if you get background service not running error, then these buttons don’t work at all. Also, this error takes place when the users update their antivirus program into its latest version.
Because of this error, antivirus doesn’t work in a proper manner, and also it starts showing YOU ARE UNPROTECTED. Due to this, your device becomes unprotected and vulnerable to attacks of viruses. This is the reason that you are required to fix this error. So, for you, we are sharing some of the proven methods which help you to fix this error quickly and easily.
How to Fix Avast Background Service Not Running in Windows 10, 8, 7?
There are lots of methods available by which you can be able to get rid of this error. Also, these methods completely depend upon the reasons why this issue takes place in the system. The methods which we are sharing below are so simple and also you can simply use these methods by following them in a correct manner. So, let’s talk about the methods.
Reinstall Avast Antivirus
Sometimes, if you are getting this error then uninstalling or installing the avast antivirus can be helpful to get rid of this problem. By doing this, it will reset the settings of the antivirus to its normal. Also, by reinstalling its latest version, it might be possible that this error gets fixed. To do this process, follow the steps below.
- You need to uninstall the current version of Avast from your device. You can do so by simply opening the setting apps and then you need to open the Apps and features. After this, you will see the Avast Free Antivirus at the right-hand side and now, you are required to make a click on the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling it, you are required to simply download the Avast latest version from the official website.
- Now, simply install the file and start using it.
Set Startup Type to Automatic
By setting the Avast Startup type to the automatic then it may be helpful to fix this issue. To do so, simply follow the steps below.
- You need to open the start menu and simply search for the services.msc. After getting the results, you need to make a click on the services in terms to open it.
- Now, in the navigation menu of the services window, you need to search for the Avast Antivirus.
- Then, you are required to simply make a double-click on it and the Avast Antivirus Properties window gets open.
- After this, you are required to open the Startup type and then you need to set it to the Automatic.
- Now, finally, reboot your device simply.
As lots of users get this error then in this case, avast came up with an update which helps the users to fix this avast background service is not running issue. So, with the help of this method, you will get to know how to update Avast antivirus to get rid of this error. Simply follow the rest of the steps which we are sharing below.
- You need to open the File Explorer and then search for the directory path which is: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast.
- Now, you need to search and also run the AvastEmUpdate.exe file.
- Now, finally, reboot your system.
Also Read: Recover Facebook Messenger Messages by com.facebook.orca
So, finally, we have discussed all the details and possible methods about how to fix avast background service not running error. If this article helps you to get rid of this error then let us know by dropping a comment below. Also, make sure to share this article with other people. Last, you can learn about this issue at Avast Forum here.