Are you looking for a complete informative answer on How do I fix my lost keyboard on my Android phone? but can’t find the right and in-depth answers, then we have crafted this guide and you will get all the information and step-by-step guide here.
If you are wondering how to restore your on screen keyboard then you are required to reconfigure your device settings. I have restored and changed my keyboard many times and when I did it then I came across the keyboard disappeared error.
Here, we are going to talk about how to fix it and how to restore your keyboard as well.
How Do I Fix My Lost Keyboard on My Android Phone?
Restoring your default keyboard is quite simple and easy but the process may be different between Samsung and other android devices.
More From Question Hub:
- Who Make The Best Phone Cases
- What Does No Internet Secured Mean on Windows 10
- How to Set An Alarm for 6 Months
- Is It Illegal to Use Credit Card Generators
Top search queries
- How to fix your keyboard
- Realme reset button
For the Samsung Phone:
- First of all, you need to open the apps > settings.
- Now, click on the languages and input options.
- Then, make click on the Samsung keyboard.
- Now, click on the reset settings option.
- After this, you have to click on the keyboard settings reset button.
- Then, click on the reset button again to confirm.
For the Android Devices:
- You have to go to the settings and then personal language and input preferences.
- Now, make click on the keyboard app and input method.
- After this, you have to click on the default keyboard from the options on the screen.
How to Download a New Keyboard?
If you are tired of how your default keyboard looks then swapping it for another can be done in an easy manner. You only need to make the search for a keyboard from the play store and download it and then you need to simply reconfigure your phone settings.
There are a large number of new keyboards available in the market and you may not know which one is beneficial for you. I will recommend you Swiftkey. Compared to the Google Keyboard, it seems better and it is so simple and easy to use.
Here, I am sharing the process of how to install and set up it in 2 parts.
- First of all, you need to open the Google Play Store.
- Now, simply search for the SwiftKey keyboard.
- Simply wait for it to install.
- Now, you are required to go to your settings.
- After this, you need to go to the language and input the system.
- Make click on the virtual keyboard or current keyboard.
- Simply click on the manage keyboard option.
- You are required to enable the swiftkey from the list.
- You will now see a prompt warning that swiftkey will collect your data.
- It is completely normal and you need to click on it.
- Now, you have to get back to the virtual keyboard settings.
- Make click on swiftkey and then you will see a pop-up and make a click on swiftkey.
- You need to get back and click on the change android keyboard button.
- Now, make click on the better predictions.
- You have to enter your Google account.
- After this, simply customize the keyboard settings as you want.
How Do I Fix My Lost Keyboard on My Android Phone? Solutions
As I have not faced such an issue, but I know that some people face this issue and that’s why we are sharing some of the possible fixes.
Solution 1: Force Reboot
Force restarting is so similar to a regular reboot. The force restart process is different and depends upon your device model and manufacturer. So, I have discussed some of the button combinations which you can try.
- You need to hold the volume button and power button.
- Now, release them when the bootup logo appears on the display.
- You need to place your finger on the power and volume-down buttons at the same time.
- Now, let’s go when the bootup display appears.
- You have to keep holding the power and volume down buttons for some seconds.
- Now, you have to release the two when the booting-up screen will appear.
Solution 2: Update Operating System
Your operating system may be bugged out and it is not surprising if you don’t update it in a while. For this, you need to follow the steps that we are going to share below.
- First of all, you need to open the settings > about the phone.
- Now, click on the software update option.
- After this, you have to make click on the update prompt on the screen,
Solution 3: Update the App
You need to ensure that you have updated your keyboard as well. It may have bugged out if it is outdated. For this, you have to follow the steps that we are going to share below.
- First of all, you need to open the Google Play Store.
- Now, go to my apps and games option.
- Find out your keyboard from the list and then make click on the update button.
Solution 4: Free Storage Space
The phone processes may malfunction when your storage space becomes full. Deleting the old apps and files is helpful for you. You have to check how much storage you have left before you start deleting anything.
- First of all, you need to open the settings app and then enter it into storage.
- Make click on the breakdown to simply see how much space is left.
When you find out that there is not as much space, you are required to uninstall some of the apps and files.
- First of all, you need to open the app drawer.
- Now, you have to find the app which you are willing to get rid of.
- Simply long-press on the app icon.
- After this, make click on the uninstall button.
- Then, you need to simply click on the delete to confirm button.
How to Uninstall a File on Android?
- First of all, you have to go to the files app.
- Simply find out the file which you are willing to get rid of.
- Simply select it.
- Now, make click on the delete button.
So, these are all the possible methods to fix How Do I Fix My Lost Keyboard on My Android Phone.
If this article is helpful for you and helps you to know all the methods to get rid of this issue then do share this article with others so that they can also benefit from this article.
Also, if you have any issues or queries about this article then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping a comment in the below-given comment section.