As you know that some of the videos need rotation before you watch them as per your comfort. Lots of people watch the videos on windows media player but they don’t know how to rotate video in windows media player and if you are one of them who also want to know the same then you are reading a perfect article on How to Rotate Video in Windows Media Player.
How to Rotate Video in Windows Media Player?
With the help of this article, you will get to know about this complete process and also all the possible steps to complete this process quickly. So, you only need to read this article till the end to know and everything about it.
We know that wonky videos can be a pain in the neck and some of the videos get recorded in landscape mode and seem like they get recorded on the phone in portrait mode. As a result, we need to rotate those videos first to watch them in a proper manner.
Some of the mobile apps can’t be able to rotate the videos and what happens if the video already gets sync with your PC? You will receive these types of videos from your friends and they don’t know that they are wonky.
So, if you really want to know about how to rotate a video in a windows media player then you have to keep reading this article till the end to know the complete process.
Windows Media Player? Really?
You need to know that the Windows media player first comes in the Windows 3.0 media player which is one of the fixtures of Microsoft’s desktop operating system for 30 years. It is still available for people and you can easily be able to find it in windows 10 by simply making a click on the start and then simply search for the windows media option.
Also, the windows media player 12 will support the H.264 and MPEG-4 Part 2 video formats and also the MP4 and MOV formats as well, and also you will be able to watch the video of AVCHD and some of the other formats as well.
There is a chase that you are also using the windows media player in terms of watching the videos. But, have you ever thought about what happens when the video has been recorded in the wrong orientation? To know the answer, keep reading this article till the end.
You Can’t Rotate a Video in Windows Media Player
It is really sad to hear that the windows media player will not support the video rotation. To be fair, it is not as surprising as there are some of the other tools released from many years ago which provide the best media player experience.
Also, the windows media player is one of the good options for the playback of the videos which also include the HD/Blu-ray formats. Also, the rotation and also some of the advanced features are not as good. As a result, people are required to use third-party software in order to rotate their videos.
Rotating a Video for Windows Media Player
If you are willing to continue to use the windows media player then you are required to use another app in order to ease the things such as fixing and rotating the videos. There are three major options available for rotating a video for playback in the windows media player.
- Free Video Flip and rotate from DVDVideoSoft.
- RotateMyVideo at rotatemyvideo.net.
- VLC media player from VideoLAN.
Every method will be able to rotate your video without taking much time and also save it in a format on which windows media player can play.
Free Video Flip and Rotate
One of the very first methods to rotate a video for the windows media playback is by using the Free Video Flip and Rotate.
You can simply start by simply downloading a free video flip and rotate from DVDvideosoft. It is one of the free windows video rotation tools which is mainly compatible with the Windows XP service pack 3 and above. It is also suitable for Windows 10 as well.
- You can simply install the make a click on the add file option.
- By selecting the video, you can be able to check out the previews in the mail app of the window. Also, on the left-hand side, you will see the default view of the video which is in its current state. Also, on the right-hand side, you can be able to see the preview of how the video looks when it gets rotated.
- Also, below the video, you’ll see a row of arrows. The first three options are for the rotation and you need to make a click on one of them to rotate your video.
- You have to select the exact conversion format by using the drop-down menu. Also, for the windows media player, you will be able to use the MP4 format. When you are all set then make a click on the Save button.
How to Rotate a Video Online With RotateMyVideo?
If you don’t want to install any of the different tools in your system but still want to be on the windows media player then you will be able to use the online utility.
RotateMyVideo will be able to rotate the video and also be able to flip the videos as well. Also, it will allow you to download the video on your PC. You can also be able to share that video on Facebook and also on YouTube or easily be able to download it on your phone as well.
Also, the windows users will be able to make a visit to the website and then click on the pick video button. You have to select the video which you are willing to rotate and then wait for it to upload on the website. After this, you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- You can use the rotation arrow in the process to rotate the video on the left or right side and also in 90 degrees as well.
- You can also be able to change the ratio if required and then it gets complete then make a click on the rotate video option.
- When it gets completed then you have to make a click on the download button in the process to save the rotated video in windows, Also, you will be able to rotate the video on the windows media player as well.
Permanently Rotate a Video With VLC Media Player
In order to rotate a video with the help of the VLC Media player, you can simply make a visit at www.videolan.org and then simply download the app on your windows device.
- You have to open the video with the help of the media and then you need to make a click on the open file option.
- In the process to rotate the video, you need to use the tools > effects and filters and then you have to click on the video effects > Geometry.
- Now, look for the transform and then simply check the box, and then you have to set the drop-down box in the process to rotate as you want. You can be able to rotate the video by 90, 190, or also 270 degrees.
- Simply make a click on the save button and then you have to close to complete.
- Now, you can play the video easily.
It is not temporary and it will also be able to rotate all the videos which get played in the VLC media player. You need to remember to disable the rotation by simply clearing all the transform checkboxes.
You May Also Like to Read:
So, finally we have shared all the possible details about how to rotate video in windows media player. Above we have shared all the proven methods which will be helpful for you to complete this task in an easy and quick manner.
If this article is helpful for you then do share this article with other people so that they also get benefited from this article. Also, if you have any suggestions, questions related to this article then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping your comment below.