Have you ever got an irql_not_less_or_equal error in your windows device like in windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10? If so, then you need to know that these errors can take place because of several reasons and one of the most common reasons behind this error is a fault in the driver. It means when you start facing this error then it may be possible that there is an issue with the driver of your devices.
Many times, some of the errors such as the blue screen of death, BSOD takes place and starts appearing on the display of your device at the time when you are installing something new in your device. When any of the drivers of the device become faulty then it will start creating issues with the system and then it simply starts showing error.
What is “Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal”?
Basically, when the irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 ram error starts appearing on the display then it says that there is something wrong with the driver of your device. Also, it may be possible that there is an issue with your device memory, or with the antivirus software of your device.
Symptoms of Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal
You will get alarms, alerts, and also the error messages or side effects when you start facing this error. “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” error is one of the memory-related issues which shows and appears in the system on a continuous basis and creates issues with the driver to get the memory address without taking legal rights. This error can take place because of many reasons:
- Contradictory Device Drivers
- Degenerate System Records
- Defective Hardware Items
- Off Base Software Installment
One of the downsizes for a lower version of the windows. Like, you can minimize windows 7 to windows vista. At that time, when this issue takes place, and windows get shut down to save your system from any harm. If this thing happens to you the first time then simply try to restart your screen. Also, if this screen shows you something more then you need to follow the below-given steps.
- You need to check and ensure that the new software which you install in your device is installed successfully.
- If this is another installation then you need to ask your software or hardware manufacturer for the requirement of any type of windows updates.
- Also, if this issue still exists, then you can also try to remove or disable any type of installed hardware and software and after this, you need to try to disable the BIOS memory choices like shadowing or caching.
- If you want to use the safe mode in the process to disable the components then you need to simply restart your PC by simply pressing the F8 and then you need to select the option of Advanced Startup Options where you need to click on the option of Safe Mode.
What Causes Irql_Not_less_Or_Equal Error?
The main source of creating this error is the drivers which get modified to get the inappropriate hardware addresses. Also, by this explanation, there are lots of shortcomings that may be answerable for this blue screen error. Below, we are sharing some of the Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal causes. Simply go through with them and check out what issue you are facing.
- This error may take place because of the wrong software installation.
- Also, misconfigured windows service may be one of the major reasons behind this error.
- You may also get this error because of the inconsistent device drivers.
- It may be possible that your installed driver will be the reason for this error. Simply try to minimize the driver to get to know if the irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 startup error takes place or not.
Corrupted System Files
You need to know that the documents of the system are one of the general reasons behind this error. Basically it is a record that needs to boot the framework. Also, the issues defiled the documents, and then it started showing the blue screen mistake.
- It may have happened because of broken hardware items.
- Also, maybe your hardware such as a motherboard or awful RAM module gets harmed and starts showing BSOD blunder error or the irql_not_less_or_equl ntoskrnl.exe.
- If you minimize the windows installation then it may be one of the reasons behind this error.
The users can simply try to install the minimal adaption of the windows into their upgraded gadget. Also, the system documents may start creating problems for the clients. If you want to find out the problem then simply play out a clean installation and also make sure that the fewer clashes between the two different versions of the windows.
Steps to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 7/8/8.1/10 Error
So, now we are going to begin the process where you will get to know some of the easiest and simplest methods that help you to fix this irql_not_less_or_equal windows 8.1 error. So, go through with all of them and then simply start using these methods.
Remove All USB Devices
It may be possible that there are various USB devices plugged into your device. One of them may be the culprit whom we are looking for.
So, the question is how can we find out the real one? In this case, we need to remove every USB device one by one from the computer. Also, make sure that if you are using a USB keyboard or mouse then you don’t need to remove them as they are not the culprit.
When you remove all the devices then try to use your computer. At that time, your device doesn’t show the irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 7 issue.
After this, you need to simply plug in one device. Simply use it for some time and if the error does not take place then repeat the same process with the rest of the devices until you will see the BSOD. By using this process, you can easily get to know about the USB device which is creating problems. When you find it then simply update it and roll back the driver.
Update/Rollback the Driver
If you are still getting the irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 error then you need to try to boot your device by using the safe mode. For this, you need to press the F8 and F10 buttons while it boots up and then when your devices have booted in safe mode then you need to follow the below-given steps.
- You need to click on the Win Key and R at the same time and you will run the dialogue box. Here, you need to enter devmgmt.msc in the required field.
- Now, you will see the device management screen where you need to right-click on the device which creates the problem and then select the option of Update Driver Software.
- After this, you will get two options which search automatically for an updated driver and browse my computer for driver software. You need to select the first option and then simply restart your computer.
When your computer search for the web to download the latest version of the driver then it will show the issue which takes place after the updation and also it will tell you that you have the latest version or not.
When the rollback option appears on the display then you need to follow these steps.
- You need to make a right-click on the faulty driver and then simply select the properties.
- After this, you will see a button that says Roll Back Driver. Simply click on it and then confirm it as well. Now, you need to restart your computer.
After doing this process, simply check that the irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 issue still takes place or gets fixed.
Also Fix: Logitech Wireless Mouse Not Working
So, finally, we have shared all the details related to the irql_not_less_or_equal error which creates issues in your windows. If this article is helpful for you and helps you to get rid of this error then simply share this article with others and also don’t forget to comment below to tell us how helpful this article is for you.