One or More Items Failed to Play Kodi Fire Stick – As you know very well that Kodi is one of the best services and one of the best methods which helps you to watch the latest movies and also on this platform, you can also be able to watch songs, cricket and lots of tv shows as well. Here, you can completely be able to access the live v and are able to perform various functions. One of the best parts about it is that it is available for all types of operating systems, which means that you can access it on android, windows, Linus, and also macOS as well.
One or More Items Failed to Play Kodi Fire Stick
Sometimes, users of Kodi report a problem that Kodi playback failed with one or more items failed to play. You need to check the log to know more about this error. Mostly everyone who is reading this article has seen that error message but the question is, where is the log and how can I check it? If this question also takes place in your mind, then, read this article till the end to know more and more about this error.
How to Fix Kodi Playback Failed Error
Sometimes, this error is so frustrating for many users as they don’t get any method to stop getting this error and it will take place on their screen again and again. One of the common issues with the Kodi Add-Ons is that Kodi playback failed ‘Failed with Error Code’, ‘One or more items Failed to Play’, or ‘Check log for More Information. So, today here in this article, you will get to know about the methods of how to fix Kodi playback failed errors.
Usually, this error takes place because of more than one problem. So, stop wasting your time and start reading about the solutions to fix the Playback error by using some quick methods.
Method 1: Fix Kodi Playback Error by Clearing Database Files
By simply clearing the database files in Kodi, you can easily be able to fix Kodi playback failed errors. You can complete this method by following the steps below.
- You need to open the Kodi and then, you are required to simply select the option of setting.
- Then, in the setting app, you need to open the file manager.
- After this, you need to click on the profile directory, and under the profile directory, you need to click on the option of the database.
- Now, you will see the Addons.db file.
- Simply click on it and then delete this file.
When you delete this file successfully, then you need to restart the Kodi app and then simply again try to stream any video on it. You will see that the playback error now gets fixed. If due to bad luck, you are still getting this error then, move towards the next method to fix this error.
Method 2: Use an Older Version of Kodi
There are lots of users who get this one or more items that failed to play Kodi fire stick error. The reason behind this error is an un-updated version of Kodi which is not compatible with their devices. One of the best methods to fix this error is to try to use the previous version of Kodi. If you recently update Kodi into its latest version then it may be possible that you start getting errors.
It is because there are lots of systems that don’t support and aren’t compatible with the latest Kodi version. So, in this case, you are required to simply uninstall the latest Kodi version and then, simply download the older version of Kodi.
If you want to download and install the older Kodi version on your device then, simply follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you need to download the older Kodi version.
- After downloading it, you need to select your operating system like Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, or another as well.
- When you download the older version of Kodi then, you are required to simply install Kodi on your device.
- You need to ensure that you need to uninstall the latest version of Kodi from your system in the process to install the older version of Kodi.
Method 3: Check Log Files to Fix One or More Items Failed to Play Error
You need to know that this log file is one of the simple text files which you can easily be able to open in any of the text editors. In the process to check the Kodi log file, you are required to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
You need to know that in other OS devices, the log file of Kodi will get stored in the different-different locations.
Windows Users: C:\Users\(PC_NAME)AppDat\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.log
Mac Users: /Users/(PC_NAME)/Library/Application Support/Kodi.log
Linux Users: -/Kodi/Kodi.log
- First of all, you are required to open the Kodi, and then, you need to select the option of the system which is available at the home screen of your device.
- Now, click on the Add-Ons option.
- Then, under the Add-ons section, you are required to click on the Install from recovery option.
- Now, make a click on the Kodi Add-on repository option.
- After doing this, you need to select the option of Program Add-ons.
- Here, you are required to wait for a few seconds in the process of completing the installation in your system.
- Simply install it and then it will appear on the home screen where you need to select the option of Program.
- Now, you will see that the option of Log Viewer for Kodi is available where you need to click.
- Simply select the show log option in the process to view the log files.
- When the log file gets an option, then you need to simply follow the instructions which will appear on the display.
- If due to some issue, you are still getting this error then simply read the next method which we are sharing below.
Method 4: Check Maintenance Cache to Fix Kodi Playback Failed
Sometimes, users get this type of error due to corrupted cached data. So, in this case, if you are getting this error then you are required to clear the maintenance cache. To know the process to fix this error, simply read the below-given steps carefully.
- You need to click on the Kodi and open it.
- Then, you are required to select the option of setting and then, simply click on the file manager option.
- Under the option for file manager, you are required to select the option of add source.
- In the add source option you are required to add the below-given URL:
“https://solved.no-issue.is/” (remove the quotation marks and then add)
- Now, you need to click on the done button and then you need to give a name to that file.
- After this, you are required to open the home screen and then, simply go to the setting option.
- Here, you are required to click on the add-ons option and then, simply select the option of install from the zip file.
- Now, you need to search for the zip file and then click on the option of maintenance folder in the process to install repository.raw maintenance.zip.
- After this, you need to click on the option of install from repository and then, you are required to install RAW maintenance Kodi add-on in your system.
- Then, you just simply need to open the home page of Kodi and then, make click on the programs option.
- Now, under the programs, you need to open the raw maintenance and then simply clear the cache.
So, when you clear the cache then you will see that the error is also fixed and you will no longer get this annoying error on the display.
Also Learn: How to Delete Account in Dice
These are the 4 easy and simple methods to fix One or More Items Failed to Play Kodi Fire Stick which help you to get rid of playback failed error in an easy and quick manner. If the error still takes place in your device then you can also be able to try other methods to fix it. Kodi is one of the best streaming devices which helps you to stream your favorite TV shows and also the movies by using your Smart TV.
It is one of the free and best home entertainment services. If you love to watch movies, sports, and TV shows then, it is one of the best options for you. Also, if there is still an error taking place then, simply let us know by dropping a comment in the below-given comment section.
Table of Contents
- One or More Items Failed to Play Kodi Fire Stick