If you are new to blogging; you might be confused about how your articles would be available to the search engines and how the search engines work. You might have wished to drive traffics to your blog from Google. For that, you need to learn how to submit blogger sitemap To Google Search Console.
Your blog can be easily visible in the Google Search Results for free if you would help Google to find the same. You need to have the knowledge about Google Search Console to make your site visible to Google, so that Google Bots would crawl to your site and make your articles and posts available in the Search results.
How To Submit Blogger Sitemap To Google Search Console?
When your blog is submitted to Google, Google would ensure that every new post of your blog is visible in the Google Search Results.
To drive organic traffics from Google you have to submit your site to Google, so that Google Bots would crawl to your site and make your articles and posts available in the search results.
Submitting sitemap of your blog to Google Search Console is the first step for any blogger in his or her blogging journey to make the post an article available to Google which would help him or her to drive more and more traffic to the blog.
How to submit your sitemap of Blogger’s Blog to Google Search Console?
This is what exactly we would be talking about in this post.
First of all let us be clear with the basics about Sitemap.
What is a Sitemap?
Sitemap as the word suggests is the map of your blog or website, which acts as a guide to Google, bots to crawl your site.
Google are unaware of the new web pages or the blog posts unless they are being provided with the sitemap of the blog.
A sitemap is either an HTML file or an XML file that contains all the URLs of the pages and posts inside your blog. The XML sitemap helps the search engine to crawl your blog and navigate through the blog. In the same way, an HTML sitemap helps the visitors of your blog to navigate through the blog.
After the submission of the sitemap, the URLs of your blog are added to the database of Google and it helps the search engine crawlers to find the URL of your blog.
How to Submit Sitemap of your Blogger Blog to Google Search Console?
- Step 1 – Sign Up to Google Search Console
The first thing you have to do is to verify that you are the owner of the website in the Google Search Console. For this Go to Google Search Console from your Browser and sign in with any of your google accounts. It would be better if you can sign up with the same account as that of a blogger.
- Step 2 – Add a property – Verifying your Domain
To verify your domain to and add a property to Search Console, you have to add your domain in the section as below.
- Step 3 – Submit your blog’s sitemap
The next step after you’ve signed up to Search Console and verified your domain is to submit your blog’s sitemap to the search console.
For this you follow these steps
- Go to Sitemaps in the Search Console
- Add this code in the required field and add it. atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500
- Press the Submit Button.
That is all, now your blog is available to google.
Indexing of your posts might take some time as it takes time for the crawlers to crawl, find and index your post or page.
But you want to immediately index your blog-post and make it available to Google. Then You may follow these steps after adding every new post.
Remember that the above steps are mandatory. The steps that I am now about to discuss is for immediate indexation.
You can also follow this route to land on to Search Console.
- Go to Settings of your Blog
- Then to Search Preference
- Then you would be able to see search console when you scroll down
- Press on Edit and you would be redirected to Search Console
After you’ve landed on Search Console, follow the steps below
Steps to Index your Post immediately to Google
- Go to URL Inspection in the Search Console
- Copy the URL of your new blog post and paste it in the URL Inspection Section.
- Press Enter
- Press on Request Indexing
- This notifies Google to crawl your site.
- To verify that your site is indexed, press on Test URL to verify.
- Sometimes, your post is not indexed in the first attempt itself.
- You can verify this, by going to google.com and pasting the URL of your blog post.
- If your post is visible in the results, you can verify that your post is indexed, and if it is not visible, follow the same steps again.
Final Words – Submit Blogger Sitemap to Google Search Console
Hope you are now able to submit the sitemap of your blog to Google Search Console and also the index the new blog posts of your blog manually.
If you are facing any issues in submitting the sitemap of your blog, you may connect to the telegram group or comment below.