What Causes White Spots on LED TV – If you are seeing white spots on your TV screen then you are feeling irritated because due to this then this article is going to be very helpful for you. TVs are not as cheap mainly with all the technologies which are taking place nowadays.
Seeing anything which looks like damage on the electronics like it will make anyone quake into their boots. After all, the cost of repair is not cheap and you may be out of the warranty.
What Causes White Spots on LED TV?
Don’t worry about it as the condition seems dire and I bet that your fear also gets misplaced I will help you to simply get to the end of this. Here in this article, you will be able to find out a complete list that includes the simple fixes which you will be able to try to get rid of this issue.
It may seem complicated but you don’t need to worry as everything will get explained in a detailed manner and you will be sure of what is going to happen next.
What Causes White Spots on LED TV?
There are a few possible causes for white spots on an LED TV:
- Physical damage: White spots can be caused by physical damage to the screen, such as cracks or scratches.
- Burn-in: Burn-in can occur when an image is displayed on the screen for an extended period of time, causing a permanent ghost image to be displayed.
- Dead pixels: A dead pixel is a pixel on the screen that is not functioning properly and appears as a white spot.
- Moisture or water damage: If the TV has been exposed to moisture or water, it is possible for white spots to appear on the screen.
- Manufacturing defect: In rare cases, white spots can be caused by a manufacturing defect in the TV.
Steps to Remove The White Dots On Your TV
White dots on your TV screen are nothing but they are so frustrating they are annoyed by the first one when they appear but you can manage to ignore them easily.
Another one is ugly heads and not they seem to get in the way of everything, White dots are an indication of something ordinary and it does not mean that you are not having any option.
In the process to start troubleshooting, some of the tools will be required but you don’t need to worry as mostly all the tools are available at your home.
You Will Need the Below Items to Fix It
- 2 Towels
- Screwdrivers of Various Sizes
- Flathead Screwdriver
Step 1: Take Off the Back Cover
You may feel intimidated due to attempting to fix this issue on your own. It is like going swimming in cold water and when you take the plunge then you are all set to go. After removing your TV’s back cover and plate, it is all plain sailing from thereon. Here is how you need to go about removing the back cover of your TV.
- First of all, you have to switch off the TV and unplug it from the mains.
- Now, simply unscrew the stand or the base of the TV.
- Then, you have to lay a towel on the table and then place the TV on top, and must keep the screen side down. The towel will also stop you from scratching on the screen while working,
- Undo all the screws on the back of the TV and then simply lift the back cover off and lay it on one side.
Step 2: Remove the Internal Plastic Cover
When you remove the back cover of the Tv then you will simply be able to see a plastic cover. It will protect the speaker which is lying underneath it and when it seems nice then you need to take it off. Follow the steps given below to remove the internal plastic cover.
- You have to undo every screw which is holding the plastic cover in place and there are generally 4 of them.
- Simply lift the plastic cover away and then put it on one side.
Step 3: Unplug the Speakers and Ribbon Cable
Now, you are required to unplug the speakers from the circuit board. You are also required to unplug the ribbon cable from the back of the TV and when you have removed the internal plastic cover then the speakers will simply get exposed. Now, follow the instructions below to unplug the speakers and ribbon cable.
- You need to wiggle the speakers gently until they come loose.
- Simply separate them from the circuit board by simply pushing down on the plug and pulling the wire away from it.
- You have to unplug the ribbon cable from the circuit board by simply lifting the plugs and wiggling the ribbon out of them.
- You can now be able to lift the speaker and can be able to place them on one side.
Step 4: Unclip the Bottom Circuit Strips
Now, as you have removed the speakers, you will be able to unclip the bottom circuit strips. First, you have to clear the way for you to simply get to them.
- You need to undo the screws with the back edge of the TV frame there are lots of screws and ensure that you will keep all of them together.
- Simply lift off the bottom protective cover and simply place it on one side.
- You will now be able to undo the screws on the metal protective cover near the base and you will be able to lift this easily away from the Tv by simply using the flathead screwdriver. You need to place the screwdriver under the rim and simply lift it slightly to do so.
- When the bottom circuit strips get exposed then you have to unclip them. You can be able to do this by simply placing your finger behind the holder and pushing it towards you.
- You need to try not to touch the gold part of the circuit board while removing this.
Step 5: Remove the TV Frame and the Screen
You are required to have a buddy to complete this step and ensure that you phone a friend. Simply go ahead and reward yourself with the cup of coffee at the time of waiting and you have earned it. For the next state, you are required to remove the Tv frame and the screen and for this, you are required to simply follow the below-given steps.
- You have to get a friend to simply hold the Tv upright on the side.
- Simply remove the frame and screen on the front side of the TV and you can be able to do this by wiggling it away. If it doesn’t feel like it will come easily then you may miss a screw on the back and ensure that all the screws are undone before you pull on the frame.
Step 6: Carefully Lift Out the White Sheets
You need to simply get a white sheet in terms to fix the white dot issue. Before we get to them, we need to remove some more obstacles which are in the way. Here is what you have to do.
- You need to put the TV back down on the towel.
- Now, spread the other towel on the work surface.
- Simply grab and hold the metal handles to simply lift the back of the TV away from the screen and lay the screen on the other towel.
- You have to flip the Tv so that it is on its front.
- Loosens the black tabs to simply unclip the plastic frame you can be able to do this with your fingers you have to be gentle as these tabs are so fragile.
- You need to remove the plastic frame and simply lay it on one side.
- Remove the white sheets carefully and you can be able to do this by simply peeling them back with your fingers. Place them on one side gently.
- DirecTV Discovery Plus Channel
- HBO Max.con/TVSignin
- Hisense TV Red Light Blinks 2 Times
- How to Set Up MXQ Pro 4K TV Box
- Everything About Android TV
So, these are some of the methods which help you to get rid of white spots on LED tv. We hope that this article on “What Causes White Spots on LED TV” will be helpful for you and help you to know all the information about this article then do share this article with others so that they can also benefit from this article.
Also, if you are having any issues or queries about this article then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping a comment below.