As you know that for most gamers, bottlenecking is one of the most common occurrences and most of the gamers asked about how to reduce CPU usage while gaming? It is one of the most common questions which are asked by gamers from all over the world. It will become a problem to get to know that the laptop or computer is using 90-95% of CPU at the time of playing games where GPU only gets used to approx. 40%.
How To Reduce CPU Usage While Gaming?
If you are the one who is getting this issue while gaming then you don’t need to worry about it at all as this article is going to be very helpful for you. Here in this article, we are going to talk about some of the best methods and fixes about how to fix high CPU usage when playing games. So, simply keep reading this article to know about all the possible solutions to this problem.
Why Does My PC Have High CPU Usage While Gaming?
There may be several reasons begging the CPU to bottleneck. First of all, we are going to have a look at the problems and then we will talk about the fixes of those and how to reduce CPU usage while playing games.
- It may be possible that some of the third-party useless apps are running in the background of your system which will hog the usage of CPU at the time of playing games.
- Also, in-game settings may also become one of the reasons behind this problem. Mainly if you are using an FPS cap set to unlimited when your CPU is completely not set to handle the high FPS then it will start creating the same problem.
- If the graphic driver of your system becomes faulty or has some issues then it may also become one of the reasons behind these types of problems.
- If you enable the power preserving mode in your system then they may start creating serious CPU usage issues mainly if you are playing games a lot.
- Most of the time, it’s not an issue with the hardware but the issue is in the game. If the game has been corrupted then it may start creating lots of issues like this as well.
- It’s also possible that the hardware of your system is unable to keep up with the requirements of the game and that’s why it starts creating issues.
Fixing “How To Reduce CPU Usage While Gaming?”
Now, it’s time to talk about some of the best solutions to fix the issue. If you really want to know how to lower CPU usage while playing games then keep reading this article till the end by which you will get to know some of the proven methods to fix this issue in a proper manner.
Solution 1: Disable Unnecessary Background Applications
One of the very first things which you need to check at the time of your CPU bottleneck is the apps that are running in the background and also you have to check how much CPU is using those apps. If there are some useless apps that are using CPU unnecessary then you must have to disable those apps. Check out the steps below to get to know about the steps of how to lower your CPU usage while playing games.
- First of all, you are required to press Windows + R key, and then the Run utility will open. Now you have to type MSConfig and then you need to click on the enter button.
- By doing this, you will see that the System Configuration window will open.
- Now, you need to select the option of services and then you have to check the Hide All Microsoft Services box.
- Now, make a click on the option of disabling all, and then you have to click on the Ok button.
- After this, simply press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc button in the process to open the task manager.
- In the task manager, you have to simply close all the useless programs which are running and for this, you have to make a right-click on them and then you have to select the option of End Task.
Solution 2: Uninstall GPU Drivers
Most of the time, when the CPU is bottlenecked then the reason behind it is the faults in drivers. You can simply be able to fix this issue by just simply uninstalling the faulty drivers from your system, and then you again need to download them from the official website of your manufacturer and then reinstall them again in your system.
If you want to uninstall the GPU driver then you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below:
- First of all, you have to open the run unitulity.
- Then you have to type devmgmt.msc and then you need to make a click on the Ok button.
- By doing this, the device manager will appear on the display of your device.
- Now, you have to look for the GPU driver and then make a right-click on it.
- After this, you need to make a click on the Uninstall device option in the process to uninstall the driver.
When the driver gets uninstalled successfully then you need to make a visit to the official website of the graphic card’s manufacturer and then you have to install the latest driver. Now, you will understand how to lower CPU usage in games in a successful manner.
Solution 3: Change The In-Game Settings
This problem may also occur due to the change of in-game settings which was not compatible with the specification of your system. You are required to check out the in-game FPS cap which needs to be set to unlimited or needs to be set to the higher FPS cap which your CPU can handle easily. Lots of gamers said that capping FPS as per the specification of the computer may low CPU usage while gaming.
Also, if your CPU usage is high but the GPU usage is low then you are required to try to play on the higher graphics setting such as High or Ultra. Also, if you play on the higher graphic setting then it may push the load on the GPU from the CPU.
If these methods are not helpful for you then you can simply try to lower the graphic setting and check if it is helpful or not.
Solution 4: Disable All Power Preserving Modes
You need to know that the power preserving mode is completely useless if your CPU is already gets bottlenecked and if you are a gamer then these settings will help you to get back the CPU performance. So, if you are asking how to reduce CPU usage while gaming then the answer is by disabling the settings easily.
- First of all, you are required to type cmd in the windows search option and then make a right-click on the command prompt option which will appear in front of you.
- Now, you have to make a click on the option of run as administrator by using the pop-up menu in the process to open the elevated command prompt.
- After this, you are required to type shutdown /r /fw in the command prompt and then click on the enter button. Now, your system will get restarted then it will boot into the UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Now, you need to turn off all the options that were related to the power savings and after this, you are required to restart your system again in a normal mode.
- When the window starts up successfully then you need to type power & sleep setting in the search bar of the window and then you need to select the particular option.
- You have to make a click on the additional power setting which is available below to the section of related settings.
- Now, you are required to make a click on the change plan settings.
- Then simply select the option of changing advanced power settings.
- Finally, you have to select the option of high performance by using the drop-down menu, and then you need to make a click on the Ok button.
You need to know that disabling the settings of power preserving will be helpful for you to fix high CPU usage while gaming issues.
Solution 5: Reinstall The Game That Is Causing The Issue
It may also be possible that the issue is with the installation of the game itself. Most of the time, the game gets corrupted and that’s why it starts creating issues. So, if you want to know about how to reduce CPU usage in games then you are required to reinstall the game which may be helpful for you to fix this problem. Simply follow the steps which we are sharing below to uninstall the game simply.
- First of all, you need to open the Run utility and then you have to type appwiz.cpl, and then you need to click the enter button.
- Now, you will see that the programs and features will appear on the display.
- Here, you have to search for the game and then make a right-click on it.
- Now, you have to select the option of uninstalling and then simply follow the rest of the instructions which appear on the display to complete the process of uninstallation.
When the game gets uninstalled successfully then you are required to download the game again and simply install it in your system. After this, simply check out whether you are facing the same issues again or not.
Solution 6: Upgrade Your Hardware
If the above-given methods are not helpful for you then you are required to upgrade your hardware to its latest version. You may try lots of methods to get rid of the issue of how to lower CPU usage while gaming but none of them are helpful.
You come across the issue of the hardware which is not compatible to run this game in your system. So, there is no option left apart from updating the hardware.
You May Also Like to Read:
- How To Fix Fallout 4 Resolution Bug On Windows 10
- How to Delete Words with Friends Account
- How to Delete Smite Account
- How to Connect PS3 Controller to PC
So, finally, we have shared mostly all the possible methods which will be helpful for you to get to know the steps of how to reduce CPU usage while gaming.
If this article is helpful for you and helps you to get to know all the possible fixes and methods by which you may be able to get rid of this how to reduce CPU load while gaming problem then does share this article with other people so that they can also be benefited with this article.
Also, in case of any problem or if you get stuck somewhere in between this article then feel free to connect with us and we assure you to assist you in a better way.
Table of Contents
- How To Reduce CPU Usage While Gaming?
- Why Does My PC Have High CPU Usage While Gaming?
- Fixing “How To Reduce CPU Usage While Gaming?”