You know that windows come up with updates timely and if we talk about windows 10 then it is having some amazing features but also, it has some software and hardware problems as well. So, here in this article, we are going to discuss an issue which is known as the Lockapphost.exe error known as lockapphost high CPU which usually takes place in Windows 10.
Table of Contents
- Lockapphost High CPU Usage
- What is LockAppHost.exe [Lockapphost High CPU]?
- Common Lockapphost.exe Error
- What Causes Lockapphost.exe Errors?
- How to Fix Lockapphost.exe Errors?
Lockapphost High CPU Usage
Also, you will get to know that Lockapphost is one of the files which takes place in your system but most probably it is a type of trojan which will harm your system. Lockapphost.exe for windows introduced by Microsoft but there are lots of people who are not aware of it at all. When people update windows 10 on a regular basis then they may start facing several types of issues.
What is LockAppHost.exe [Lockapphost High CPU]?
Basically, lockapphost windows 10 is having .exe which is an extension and it is an executable file. Also, it has some instructions which were written in a few steps. It is one of the major and trustworthy parts of the Microsoft corporation and it is installed in your system along with the windows operating system.
When you make a click on the executable file then the software developer will automatically execute the instructions or command in terms to run the program in a proper manner.
When you make a double click on the executable file then a software developer will automatically execute the instructions in the process to run the program.
Also, some of the software which you use in your system also uses the executable file like browser, spreadsheet program, word processor, and much more.
Common Lockapphost.exe Error
When you get this lockapphost process error then the software related to the Lockapphost starts running. Also, mostly this type of error message takes place at the time of windows shutdown or startup or also while installing anything as well. You can simply be able to fix this issue in an easy manner if you have an idea about the location of the error.
What Causes Lockapphost.exe Errors?
There are several reasons which cause the lockapphost.exe error which is like invalid registry entries, malware infection, missing or corrupt files, and also there are some of the other reasons which may be the reasons for this lockapphost.exe file issue.
- Virus or malware infection may take place due to the corrupt window 10 or either due to the lockapphost service file.
- Also, the corrupt registry key is also associated with the lockapphost.exe file.
- Incomplete or corrupt installation and downloading the windows 10 software.
- Because of the conflict with some of the other programs or with the operating system.
- Also, due to the deleting of the lockapphost.exe file.
How to Fix Lockapphost.exe Errors?
Here we are going to share some of the proven methods which help you to fix lockapphost.exe error in an easy and quick manner. So, simply check out the methods which we are sharing below.
Method 1: Perform Full Malware Scan of Your PC
As you know, malware infections are one of the biggest reasons behind the lockapphost.exe error. So, first of all in terms of fixing this error, you have to perform a complete virus scan in your system. The infection of malware may create issues or damage your system and also they will corrupt some of the Lochapphost.exe files as well.
Method 2: Update the Device Drivers to Fix Lockapphost.exe Errors
You need to know that outdated or corrupt drivers of devices may also become a reason for exe related issues. It is really hard to download the correct drivers for the system. So, we suggest you select the automatic update of rivers options. This error may occur because of the incompatible and wrong drivers and in this case, you can take help from the Driver Easy or by the Driver Talent programs.
Method 3: On Windows Operating system Run System File Checker
The next method to fix the lockapphost error is to troubleshoot the Lockapphost High CPU related problems by simply scanning your system and also by simply restoring the corruptions of the window files system. Also, the system file will help the users to get to know about the corrupt file, and also it will replace the file with the correct one.
- You need to make a click on the start button and then you need to type the command in the search bar.
- Now, make a click on the enter button, and also you need to press the Ctrl+Shift option. Now, a dialog window will open which will ask you for permission to open. Make sure do click on the Yes button.
- Now, a black window will open along with the blinking cursor. Now, in this window, you need to enter the sfc/scannow command and then make a click on the enter button.
- Finally, the process of scanning will start with the system file checker which also includes the Lockapphost.exe and also some of its related files.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Lockapphost.exe Associated Program
You need to know that the lockapphost.exe related error may also take place because of some of the programs of the Windows 10 operating system. So, you need to uninstall and reinstall those programs and also try to troubleshoot the issue.
- You need to make a click on the start button which is available at the bottom left side of the display.
- Now, make a click on the option of programs and features.
- Then under the column of name, you have to look for the lockapphost.exe programs and then make a click on the Windows operating system associated entry.
- Now, on the menu ribbon which is available at the top of the display, you need to make a click on the Uninstall and Change option.
Simply follow the instructions which appear on the screen in terms of uninstalling the program which was associated with the Lockapphost.exe. When you uninstall the program successfully then you will be able to reinstall it with the help of the instructions which will be provided by the Microsoft Corporation.
Also, there are some of the other methods as well which will be helpful for you to troubleshoot the error which is related to the lockapphost.exe. Also, High CPU usage is one of the biggest issues in the Windows 10 users who are complaining because of the lockapphost.exe file. So, it is really important for you to fix the issue in a rapid manner.
Also Read: Fix Ok Google Not Working on My Phone
So, finally, we have shared all the details related to the process of how to fix the Lockapphost High CPU. If this article is helpful for you and helps you to get the complete details about it then do share this article with other people so that they also get benefited from this article.