If you are here to find out the reason Why Can’t I Comment on Facebook then this article is going to be very helpful for you. This article helps you to know the exact reason behind this issue and also helps you to understand all the possible fixes of this issue in a very simple and quick manner. So, simply check out the solutions by reading this article till the end in a very careful manner.
As anyone today has been able to simply create a Facebook account and Facebook comes up with a huge number of privacy options that are mainly available for the users. Also, with the help of this, you can be able to simply control who can view your profile, select the users who can be able to view your posts, and also you can be able to disable the option of comment on your particular post or on all your posts as well.
Also, if you are not able to post the comments on Facebook then there are lots of other reasons which create this issue. Several times, the issues get created due to the slow internet connection but it can also take place due to the extensions of the web browser, or also due to the VON services, or due to the issues with the servers of Facebook. Whatever the reason is, we will be ready to help you. This article will help you to understand some of the methods to fix your account if you can’t be able to post comments on Facebook.
Why Can’t I Comment on Facebook?
Before you say anything, you have to simply check out the status of your Facebook servers and it may be possible that the issue takes place from the end of Facebook. If their servers are working in a normal manner then you have to check out this whole article to get to know other solutions as well.
Method 1: Re-Login to Your Facebook Account
Generally, if Facebook is not working properly from your side and you want to know “Why Can’t I Comment on Facebook” then it may create a temporary glitch that takes place in your account. Also, it can easily get fixed by simply refreshing your Facebook account data. In terms of doing this, you have to simply make a sign out from your account and then make a login into your account. If you are using a computer to use your Facebook account then follow the steps which we are sharing below to complete this method.
- First of all, you have to open your web browser and then you have to access your Facebook profile and make a click on the accounts button.
- Then, you have to make a click on the log out option which comes under the accounts tab.
- At last, you have to enter your login details like username and password and then you have to make a click on the Login button in terms to simply re-access your account again.
If you are using any of the android devices then you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you have to make a click on the Facebook app by simply using the home screen of your device and opening the app.
- In the Facebook app, you have to make a click on the menu button by using the navigation bar.
- After this, you have to scroll down to the end and then make a click on the Log Out button.
- When the login page appears then you have to enter your username and password in the particular section.
- Now, make a click on the login Button in terms to simply regain access to your Facebook account.
If you are one of the iOS users then you have to simply follow the steps which we are sharing below. Simply read and follow the below-given steps to complete the process on your iOS devices.
- Open your iOS device and then you have to go to the home screen and make a click on the Facebook app to simply open it.
- After this, you are required to make a click on the menu button by using the bottom navigation bar.
- Now, you have to simply scroll down to the end and then make a click on the Log Out button.
- At last, you have to enter your account details and then make a click on the log-in button in order to simply reopen your Facebook account.
After making a login into your Facebook account again, you have to simply try to post a comment again and see that it gets posted or the issue still takes place.
Method 2: Clear Browsing Cache and Cookies
You need to know that the browser cache and cookies will get stored into your computer locally and they will get used to mainly improve the performance of your browser at the time of loading the websites. Also, these data will accumulate over time and start creating multifunctioning.
As the larger files are really hard to load and your browser will start facing issues to work in a normal manner. In terms of fixing this, you have to simply clear the browsing data of browsing in terms to improve its functioning.
- You have to open your web browser and then make a click on CTRL + H keys by using your keyboard in terms to simply open the history tab.
- After this, you have to make a click on the clear browsing data option by using the side menu.
- Now, you will see a page on your web browser where you have to ensure that the cookies and other site data and also the cached images and files are marked as checked.
- At last, you have to make a click on the Time Range tab and then you have to select the “All Time”. Simply click on the Clear data button to simply begin the process.
After clearing the data of your web browser, you have to get back to Facebook and then again try to post a comment to check out whether the issue gets fixed or not.
Method 3: Turn Off VPN
If you use an internet connection on any of the unsecured devices means that you are mainly exposing yourself to ha**ers and also to the other criminals who are doing illegal things on the internet. In terms of simply avoiding this, people start using VPN services to keep secure all their browsing data and information. It will mainly work by simply masking the real IP address and then it will automatically redirect the traffic and data of their servers.
Also, it can also create instability on the network at the time of running. It will randomly change the IP address and also a solid connection between the browser and website servers which will not get established. If you are facing issues with Facebook then you can simply try to disable your VPN first and then you can simply see if the issues get fixed or not.
Method 4: Disable Browser Extensions
You need to know that the extensions and also the third-party apps are mainly programs installed into the browser to simply add some of the extra features in some of the websites. Also, some of these extensions may be malicious and cause your account to simply send spam messages or comments.
In terms of simply avoiding this, you have to simply try to disable your browser extension before you start using Facebook.
- You have to open your web browser and then make a click on the options button which appears on the right side of the display.
- After this, you have to make a click on the settings and simply open it.
- In the settings optimize, you are required to simply click on the extensions option.
- Now, simply disable the extension of your browser.
You have to simply restart your web browser when you disable your browser extension. Now, you need to simply try to use Facebook again in order to check out whether the issue gets fixed or not. If you are not able to post the comments on Facebook then you can simply check out the next method which we are sharing below to fix the issue.
Method 5: Check for Updates
If you are using an outdated version of any of the apps then it may start creating issues. This can create incompatibility issues with your device and also to the servers of the app due to which you cannot post comments on Facebook. Also, the outdated apps don’t have the latest security patches and will not expose the account. You have to simply try to update your Facebook app if you are not able to post comments on Facebook.
Also, for the android devices, you can easily be able to update the Facebook app by following the steps which we are sharing below:
- You have to open the Play Store on your device and then make a click on the Menu option which appears inside the search bar to simply open the side menu.
- After this, you have to click on the My Apps and games option.
- At last, the Google Play Store will automatically check out for the updates if the updates are available for the device. If the updates are available then you can simply make a click on the Update button which appears beside Facebook to simply install the update.
Also, if you are using an iOS device then you have to simply follow the steps which we are sharing below to simply update the Facebook app.
- First of all, you need to open the App Store on your iOS device and then in the app store, you have to click on the update option.
- Noow, the app store will automatically check out for the updates which are available for the apps to get installed into your device.
- Simply, make a click on the Update option which appears beside Facebook if any of the updates is available.
After updating the Facebook app, you have to simply try to post a comment and see that it gets posted or still showing an error and you can find more Facebook Errors on the official FB community.
More Social Media Guides:
- Post Links on Facebook to Get More Clicks
- How to Make Photos Private on Facebook
- How to Promote an Event with Social Media
- How to Wave Back on Facebook
- Com.Facebook.Orca: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
So, finally, we have shared all the possible methods which will be helpful for you to fix “Why Can’t I Comment on Facebook“. If this article is helpful for you then simply do share this article with other people so that they also get benefited from this article. Also, if you have any issues or queries related to this article then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping a comment in the below-given comment section.